Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tidbits- the countdown is ON!

As always, I am not keeping up with the blog very well; I am trying! I always have good ideas of things I can post about, but then the moment passes. Instead, I will be giving tidbits of items I thought about posting. Huzzah!

- I am Mrs. Bisonett in 52 days. Enough said.

- I recently was forced by the hand of Rick to clean out my closet at my parent's house. Between my moves and their moves, a lot of stuff has stayed with them. And let me tell you, it was a painful process. Going through the prom dresses, the high school note boxes, the corsages! Ugh. It went far back enough to included dresses I wore when I was very little and loved so very much I refused to get rid of them. By the end, my prom dresses were gone, many items I thought were priceless at some time or another were gone, my Loretto things packed away safely and ready for their new home, along with other memorabilia. I guess the saddest part of the whole process was that my stuff was not welcome at my parent's house anymore. Nothing against them- I totally get it! But it is no longer their responsibility to take care of my "stuff" (and I use "stuff" broadly) anymore. It was a crazy thought. There is still a bit left on the bookshelves, and my mom got all teary and told me to leave it until I had time. I totally had time then, but she refused to let me take it. She had a hard time with it too, I guess.

- We are moving! Or, I am moving. Jeff's moving after the wedding. :) We love our new place, even though Elizabeth said it looked like a place for "hipsters," I don't even care. It's an awesome place. (http://www.tupeloalley.com/) Very excited to move in and have a place of our own.

- In the process of moving and packing, I have realized I have a LOT of STUFF. And believe you me, I threw a LOT of stuff out! I swear! The Container Store may save our marriage before it has even begun.

- I made our guest book for the wedding! I was super proud of myself!

- I simply cannot wait to get a new phone. I have the original 3G Iphone and it BLOWS. It likes to have mini meltdowns and has decided not to run any apps without a fight. Especially Maps, which is crucial to my survival since I get lost on my own street, for goodness sake. It will be a glorious day. Glorious, I tell you.

- Currently waiting for some friends to come over and take away my couches and chairs. Not sure what I will be sitting on until I move, but I am sure I will manage.

- And lastly, spray tans are wonderful, but they scare the s*** out of me. My lungs were very tan the next day from me sucking in so much of that stuff after it scared me so bad. I was coughing for the next two days. So if you are considering a spray tan, I recommend it, but know that the sprayers are loud and you aren't going to die a long, very tan death in a small box. *shudders*

No comments:

Post a Comment